Barbara Thompson, PE
Early Engagement Business Executive, Baker Hughes, a GE Company, Houston, Texas
Barbara brings a career-span of experience in the oil & gas industry including design, project management, business unit leader, business development and strategy. Her recent experience involved the strategy and creation of a subsea engineering consultancy and then leading all business development efforts to include client identification, messaging, presentations, proposals, contract negotiations, and investor relations.
Select Professional highlights:
• She is currently enrolled in the Masters Data Analytics curriculum at Texas A&M University with a goal to lead the strategy and implementation of Digital and Big Data transformations for clients.
• She had P&L responsibility at Acergy (Stolt Offshore), Jacobs Engineering and Aker Solutions, managing both technical teams and project managers. The end users of these projects were International Oil and Gas Companies.
• Her engineering experience includes design, fabrication, construction, and installation of large steel floating structures for deepwater hydrocarbon production facilities. She has also managed projects for onshore natural gas plants.
• Within her roles in Business Development and Strategy Creation, Ms. Thompson was responsible for acquiring and analyzing industry trends, customer feedback, R&D planning, and new product roll-outs.
• Her business development experience includes account management; she had initiated the first large account for ABB Lummus Global to acquire a long-term business relationship with ExxonMobil Development Company and ABB Lummus Global for Upstream Business. She also managed the Global Account relationship between Chevron and Acergy.
Select Personal highlights:
• In addition to her work in the oil & gas industry, she has developed recreational scuba training programs for persons with disabilities and is a thought leader in that discipline. She holds an Instructor Trainer certification with Rebreather Association of International Divers (RAID).
• She is one of three co-founders of the Dive Pirates Foundation, a 5.01c3 organization that trains, equips and takes persons with disabilities to tropical dive destinations.
Barbara was our outstanding energy sector keynote speaker, May 22, 2018, at the World’s first business leadership summit - Speak Out and Take Action℠ Leadership Summit – To Stop and Prevent Sexual Harassment in the workplace in Houston, Texas at Sorella Hotel. Barbara received very high post-presentation reviews and positive remarks from the audience feedback survey – The Leadership Journey: A Personal Female Journey of Career, Safety, and Leadership in the Oil & Gas Industry.
High Performance Network℠ is the premier leadership development network for current and emerging leaders from first-time new leaders to executive management and board members. Founded in 2017, to address the lack of leaders ready to step up and start leading by offering professional development networking and training, development, lifelong-learning specifically designed for early to executive leaders for all industries with a particular focus toward technology, energy, and healthcare sectors. The HPN network comprised of leaders - executives, business owners, entrepreneurs and professionals committed to raising their leadership brand, career, team, and business performance to the next level.