Engineering Executive, AMEC Foster Wheeler, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Jay McCorkle is a Senior Leader and Executive with a demonstrated thirty-five-year track record of domestic and international achievement in safe and efficient project delivery of oil and gas programs and mega-projects. Jay is a proven leader with extensive knowledge in Project Management, Large Scale Development, and Offshore Programs. He is highly competent in contracting, risk management, scope definition, cost control, estimating, scheduling. Jay has technical knowledge of offshore/international oil and gas engineering/construction activities for fixed offshore platforms, spars, floating structures, onshore terminals, and pipelines — a top-performing leader who utilizes practical experience from operations, engineering, and business environments to resolve issues and progress work. Career achievements include:
· Execution of multi-million dollar capital upstream projects
· Assemble and lead high-performance teams
· Bridge-building personality with other project team disciplines
· Technical and Business writing, assembly, and compilation of invitations to tender and contracts
· Extensive brownfield knowledge to minimize construction impact to existing operations
· Training and mentoring in-country staff in remote locations
Jay McCorkle is an inaugural Member of the Executive Advisory Board for High Performance Network℠, the premier leadership development network for current and emerging leaders from first-line supervisors to executive management and board leaders.
Jay holds a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering from Louisiana State University. He is married and lives between Abu Dhabi, UAE, and Houston, Texas.